Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On My Knees and Back up Again!

This is going to be quick as I have an interview in less than 2 hours. However, I couldn't resist writing what is going thru my mind right now. I am simply overwhelmed with the love of God and His people - my friends, my family, my church and even those who I don't know.

Who would have thought that just 3 days ago (Sunday) when I was literally ON MY KNEES in tears as I was working thru the SuperBowl instead of enjoying a night with my family at the Church Super Bowl party that I would be as thankful as I am right now!?

I knew for quite some time that is not where God wanted me. God did
not want me to continue to miss the time with my family, take away time serving Him and the community. He wanted me out building bridges, planning free Christian concerts and he had to take me to my knees and force me out of the situation.

The market is terrible, people are getting laid of
f right and left. I have good friends with great resumes that have been looking for a job for over a year. Why would I be any different. As I planned for the worst but hoped for the best (as I always do) I know that with God ALL Things are Possible!

2 Corinthians 12.9-10; For when I am weak, then I am strong.



I knew that this was His path for me. Where it leads, I still don't know right now but do know HE is in control. It is His will and no matter if I wind up finally making a go of my marketing and online business, wind up working for the company I have an interview with tomorrow or being a stay at home mom.... I know He will lead me to where He wants me.

Yesterday and today, many friends are calling me to check in how I was doing. They were all amazed how happy I was. I literally felt like 1000 tons of bricks had been lifted from my shoulders. I felt so free. I didn't have to logon lastnight at 10 pm and fall asleep at the laptop like I have done almost every night the past year. I was able to hug my boys, spend time with my husband and thank my God. I know for some of you who do that every night you probably think I am nuts.... well maybe I am? But, the plan was never to work those many hours. I thought working from home could be better as at least I am here.

Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.


I know in time God will share the details with me of why I went thru what I went thru at my job the past 12 months. I know it will make me a better manager, better employee and most importantly a better friend, mom, wife and Christian. It was such a lesson of what matters in life in that is the eternal things.

I knew that all along as I worked the hours but just couldn't find a way out as I didn't do anything except work and never had time to look for a job, network or get my mktg biz off the ground. Well....God decided to take control and that he did! Thank you God!


So, the purpose of my post today is really to share the power and glory of His love.


Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.


There are so many of God's people working to help me find a job right now I am overwhelmed. I am getting emails and calls from friends of friends of friends who are putting my resume in the right people's hands. I honestly can not even call and email all the people back who are helping me so far as there are so many! If you are one of them, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!!! Words can not express my thankfulness for your love, your caring and your assistance when I am at a time of need. I just as I am writing this note recvd a vmail from a colleague at my old job who has lined up several opportunities for me to look at even though he and I had major charter conflicts with our jobs...he was always my friend...we were just put in a bad situation together.

The past year I worked more than a double full time job, served on the board of Wolfpack Football and did everything within my power to serve my God, serve my community, grow in my faith and follow Him as well as try to raise my 2 boys to do just the same.

What I am experiencing is a true testimony of His love and that when you serve Him and follow Him he wraps his arms around you tighter than you can ever imagine. Though the future is 100% unknown on one hand today, on the other it is so known. I am in the hands of my maker and am more secure than I have been in years. Who cares if I lose my house, my car or anything else that is material. He is in control and will provide for me exactly what I need when I need it.
When you are In His Hands all things are possible!

Dear God - thank you for taking me to my knees to realize the path you had for me. I know I struggle with giving you the master key more than I think I can ever admit. Thank you for your love and for the love of the people around me. Please continue to guide me (or carry me as I know you are right now) and put me right where you want me. In your Hands is right where I need to be right now. For it is thru you I have strength and peace. Thank you for loving me! Amen.

No comments: