Sunday, June 28, 2009

God's Chapter! My Favorite iPod Playlist!

Wow! It has been far too long since I have visited my own blog, let alone actually write in it.

It isn't that I haven't had anything to say or write about. I simply haven't had the time.

I started a new job back in late February - a job that was truly
hand delivered to me within 4 days of leaving my last. Since then I have been adjusting to working out of the home, commuting again and being away from my kiddos. Every spare moment I have (which have been few and far between) I try to spend with my family.

I am really struggling right now with what God has delivered me and where I am suppose to go next. He is teaching me yet again to TRUST HIM!

The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. Proverbs 24:16

As our Pastor explained a few weeks ago, God does not have a microwave. He uses a crock pot at a slow cooking speed. Yes, he can turn up the HEAT as we all know. However, the juices get good while cooking. It is in the "crockpot" that he is preparing you for your next chapter and the work he has for you in His kingdom.

For God is not the author of confusion but of peace . 1 Corinthians 14:33

So for now I am just hanging out in the crock pot, working way too many hours, not sure why and waiting to see what He has in store for me next. I know I am learning many good skills that will one day be used for His glory so that keeps me going as I am starting to see glimpses of how they might be used!!! I am starting to see the paths and crossings come together but am really trying to not take control like I always do. I am doing my best to put it ALL in His hands and trust in Him as scared as I may be.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14


Today as I was updating my iPod and adding some great new Worship musi
c our new church, the Crossing has turned us on to I had a "crock pot" moment.

I have one of those really old iPods. It was the firsts
version that came out. I have been waiting for it to croak so I can get an updated version...but ya' know it will probably last forever!

So today as I was clearing space to add my new music I spent some time going back thru my old playlists and artists which filled my 32 gig iPod to the max. What I realized is that each playlist tells a story and a chapter of my life. Of course there are playlists for the happy times with friends, playlists for the commutes to work and of course the workouts which include songs I wouldn't want my kids to hear ;)


However, the bulk of my iPod is taken up by playlists that are for "me" time. I find "me" the best when I am with my God and Jesus. I have playlists for strength such as Chris Tomlin. On a stressful day driving to work there is NOTHING that destresses and prepares me for my day more than Chris Tomlin, Jesus Messiah. There is the playlists for "I feel sorry for myself" days which usually includes a mixture of Nichole Hordeman, Chris Tomlin, Addison, and many many others. There are playlists for the celebration days which include Third Day, Chris Tomlin, HillSong and more. There are even playlists for the dance like crazy with the kids days which includes Hawk Nelson, Third Day, David Crowder and many more.......

As I looked thru the pla
ylists I realized that I have many of the same songs and artists on many of the playlists that I have made for different purposes.

The one thing tha
t is common is that every playlist gives me strength, peacefullness, love and most importantly Hope. I know that my saviour is always there for me. I know that I have strength thru God and am so happy that I am finally to a place in my life that I don't question where I need to go on a sad, happy or mad day as I go straight to the maker Himself. He is by my side every day and NEVER leaves me!!!

He is my meat, my
water and my ROCK! He is with me in my car, my office, my gym, my home office, my kids rooms, my living room and even in my master bathroom. He is with me and there for me ALL the TIME!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

As I cleaned off the iPod today to make space for the latest HillSong Unite album I had to delete something. The past couple years I have done this same thing but never really thought about it...I just did it. What I realized today was that I each time I was deleting the songs and the playlists that didn't really have any meaning in my life. The playlists left are either of God and my present and future or they are of my past. I still have the playlists that contain the college dancin' songs we'd never hear at worship or the rockin' songs that take us back to High School. I have always been a lover of music so those playlists will never go away or be deleted. They are part of me and who I am no matter the artist or the lyrics. God knows it, I know it and that's why He sent His son to die for me. So that I could be forgiven and live eternal life with Him.

What is really cool is that one by one many of those old playlists have disappeared and my life is being filled with authentic relationships, 2 am friends who know me inside out almost better than I know myself and a woman who is even in her most broken times a woman who knows God loves her and gives her Hope. My ipod is becoming filled to the max with God's love just as I am!

Funny thing today is I accidently deleted EVERYTHING from my ipod. Don't worry I have all the originals on my hard drive. However, it was almost as God wanted it to happen today. Why had I taken the time to browse the playlists, listen to them and analyze them? I hadn't done this anytime in the past 5 yrs since I purchased it. Yet today I did and it is now a clean slate. It was as if God was saying, "this was your past, now look forward my child."

So today, my ipod has 2 new playlists and 2 playlists only. One for me and one for my kids. It is in God's plan as we have just started a new chapter at a new Church. Our entire family is feeling VERY connected in more ways than I can explain and more than we ever have at any other church. We truly believe God has directed us to this new church and has amazing things in store for us. Although Josh and I are afraid of what the next chapter brings we are putting 100% of our faith in God.

The name of the FIRST playlist on my very old ipod is titled "God's Chapter". This is the first time ever my husband and I have been on the same exact page at the same exact time and ready to truly commit our lives and family to Christ and truly put it in His hands for good. We are ready to work together to give Him the house key, car key, job key, kid key, money key, family key and MASTER KEY!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

We are so very excited and know just as at this moment my ipod is unwritten so is our book and next chapter with God.

Just as I stepped into the "crock pot" of life.... he has only turned a single page to show us the Book and path he has laid for us. I just hope He at least takes the top off soon so I can at l
east get back to some blogging!!!!

Dear Father, thank you for your blessings and hand in our life. Thank you for helping us find a church that our children RUN into with excitement and want to return on Sunday morning after they just went to service Saturday night. Please wrap your arms around our family and bring us tighter and tighter together with you in the middle and leading us all. We want you, yearn for your love and need you to be the everything in our life. You are our meat, our milk and our rock that keeps us fed, whole and grounded in this crazy world. Thank you for our many blessings and for power outages to cool the crockpot now and then.
We Love you. Amen.

No comments: