Friday, October 10, 2008

In His Hands....

This is going to be a short one as I have a TON of deadlines today. However, I couldn't' wait and just have to get my thoughts on paper (virtual that is). Today I write about PRAISE! What does it mean to be thankful? What can I possibly do to show God how much I appreciate all the wonderful things he has done and is doing in my life and those around me. Well, I can be the best Christian I know how to be. Good thing Pastor David teaches me that every Sunday as Lord knows I am not perfect. I can also serve him and his Kingdom and that my friend is where I know God wants me.

Psalm 107:1
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Psalms 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

I am overwhelmed with the response we are getting with the Fishhawk Faith and Friends group and the mission of "Building Bridges Within our Community to Connect People to a Passionate Life with Christ"! It is obvious we are in God's hands and He is leading us down His chosen path. So many people I know and don't know are stepping up willingly to serve and be part of something that can be more wonderful than I think we are capable of understanding. Thank You God!

Every need I have mentioned we need just seems to be coming to us willingly by God's Grace. I mention Sunday morning before church that it would be wonderful to find a local Girls Home or Ministry where the women of Fishhawk can reach out to in their time of need and help them find peace through our Savior. I get to our brand new Bible Study class and who is sitting behind me in my new class but a leader from a local girls home!?!

Or how about how Sunday when God placed Greg Jackson next to us at service. Josh and I knew something was special about him and talked about him several times after church. We had been talking about how we needed a graphics person to help with our website, designing t-shirts and many other things that God is going to lead us to. Well.... we see him at football lastnight and find that his wife is a graphic designer and they would love to join our mission and be a part of this bridge we are building! They are also out of work and could really use the prayers of our community to help them. I hope that we can not only bring them peace during this time but also that this can be part of the path that God is laying for them.

The list goes on and on.... from the bands to the technical music people to the kids performers or to the numerous people who have simply said "I'll help however needed"! And how about the contact Josh didn't know he already had on the Home Owners board who can help us get approval for the park square event!!!

All Things are truly possible with God when you are doing his work! I still have to pinch myself sometimes to find out if I am awake or asleep as I feel like I am dreaming half the time. I have never gotten less sleep than I am right now. My day job is NUTS... I have a new boss... many HUGE projects.. working with folks all over the globe so schedule is bananas. But somehow God is giving me the strength to not only provide for my family but also the time and wisdom to build His Kingdom with Bridges.

Thank you Pastor David for it is your service 3 weeks ago that brought the pieces together for me. My dear and best friend Tracy and I are still in awe of what is happening. I will NEVER forget that day in Church when we sang "God of This City" for the first time after you announced our new Mission of Bridges! It was surreal and Tracy and I knew it was at that moment God finally decided to share his secret with us and why we were brought together over 1 year ago at Sunday school, why we shed so many tears of joy with Wolfpack and most importantly what we were suppose to do next! We knew we were brought to Wolfpack for a reason. We just never thought it would be THIS amazing! I am filled with an overwhelming inner peace of hope, love, happiness and thankfulness.

Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Thank you GOD for letting me serve YOU. Thank you God for so many beautiful people wanting to serve You as we Build Bridges in Fishhawk. Please help us lead this ministry to bring people to know and love You and your Son. Please continue to fill our path with those who come with a hammer and are eager to build your Fishhawk Bridges. Thank you for all you have provided on this path so far. Please give Josh, I and Tracy and the many others who will help lead this effort the wisdom we need to put the right pieces together in the way that gives you Glory. Thank you for your hands of love!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

You are such an encouragement to me! Mike Copple at church last night made a comment during one of the missions meetings that you can't outgive God and that doesn't just mean your money, he said it means your time and energy as well. As long as it truely is for the Lord, He will work out all the other "stuff" in life that needs to get done and work it out more smoothly so that you have time for the "God stuff". I don't always know how he does it. But He does. Just be very careful about not getting burned out because that's how Satan gets a stronghold. Love you!